My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Monday, January 10, 2011

Top 10 of 2010 [Rap Edition]: #9 Big Boi " Sir Lucious Leftfoot: Son of Chico Dusty "

This was a very difficult decision, and I don't say that lightly.  I almost had to boot this album out of the Top 10 of 2010 after listening to Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik 0-60.  But after a Battle of LP's this weekend.  Dusty Chico's Son still holds his spot in my list.  This album was pretty long awaited and had alot of issues with the release.  One of the biggest issues being the lack of 3$tacks.  Yes, its a Big Boi solo project but we all want to hear some 3K and when it was announced he was off the album, we weren't happy.  But even with out 3K, its still all Outkast here.  You can't deny how easily Daddy Fat Sax sucks you into this album.  You can't ignore the the way Follow Us and Shutterbugg will have you jamming in the whip.  You can't ever skip Tangerine!  The album just has too many solid songs on it.  And ofcourse there's no album that sounds like this album.  Matter fact, I'm going to throw on my Shine Blockas right now!

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.