My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Donald Glover & Childish Gambino Sign to Record Label...




Read Full Article at Rolling Stone:

With his hip-hop act Childish Gambino, Donald Glover – best known for his role as Troy on NBC's hit comedy Community – is giving his acting career a run for its money. He's just signed a deal with indie label Glassnote, home to Mumford & Sons and Phoenix, and is getting ready to release his debut album, Camp (tentatively set for November 1st).

"The biggest compliment I can give the album right now is it’s worthy of being on Glassnote," he tells Rolling Stone. "I love Glassnote’s stuff, and he [Daniel Glass] was like, 'We can do anything with this album if the album’s good.'”

...His wish list of partners goes well beyond the Glassnote
family, however. "Who wouldn’t want to work with Kanye and Jay-Z? I love [Watch the Throne], I was defending it cause it was perfect to me. I love it," he says. "And I know a lot of people have a lot of problems with it, it’s just like a really good stadium rap album. All the songs are so big, like 'Lift Off.'
There are too many great things going on with this article. First off, Childish Gambino is signed to an independent label (Thank God!!) that has some major acts on it and it perfect for a group like them that doesn't fit into just one category. Next, Donald is a fan of 'Watch The Throne'. He could have named 'Tha Carter IV'-- you know, that album everyone is praising, not because it is good, but because it sold 1M copies first week. Out of all the songs he named, he named the one I am constantly having to defend when I tell people I like it, Life Off. I hope Childish Gambino ACTUALLY sells 1M recoreds. You know exactly what I mean by "actually".


LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.