My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Breakin'News: Rakim Nominated for Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame

We doing it like this in HIP-HOP now! Rakim, the 18th Letter, the Seventh Seal (this nigga be loving him some numbers) rightfully has been nominated for the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame. I'm blown by this. I never really pay attention to who gets inducted in, but Rakim definitely set a standard that rappers follow (some unappreciatively) today.

Recently, you were nominated for a spot in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. What was your reaction when you heard the news?


I was speechless. You can almost say, “Yeah, I made it,” getting nominated to that right there. It’s a big accolade. If I get in, it’ll definitely put the icing on the cake. To be noticed on that plateau, for me, is enough. It definitely lets you know that you’re noticed, appreciated, and somewhat made it in music.


But I’ve got other things to prove. I don’t know why, but now it’s like [I'm] proving you can be over 40, still be relevant, still be nice on the mic, and you can still be a beast. All of these things. It don’t stop with me. I guess with the titles that I’ve been handed through the years, it inspires me to keep that up. If not, push it further.




LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.