My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Monday, December 19, 2011

Common Disappoints Maya Angelou & Decides to "Celebrate" [VIDEO]

With the release of "The Dreamer/The Believer" a day away, and the overwhelmingly positive response from his fans, you'd think Common would definitely have a reason to "Celebrate". Below is the release of his new video "Celebrate". Continue reading after watching...


Sadly, not everyone is impressed with Common's release, even those who contributed to pieces used on the album. Maya Angelou is one of those people you never want to disappoint, but Lonnie did. Maya Angelou spoke on Lonnie's use of the N-word on a track her and Lonnie created together. Read below:


“I had no idea that Common was using the piece we had done together on [a track] in which he also used the ‘N’ word numerous times. I’m surprised and disappointed. I don’t know why he chose to do that. I had never heard him use that [word] before. I admired him so because he wasn’t singing the line of least resistance.”
Now, why Lonnie go and do that, Cmon Son!  You know Maya Angelou is a major Poet/Black Activist who's dedicated her whole life to the Advancement of Colored Folk... (She's also been in a Tyler Perry Film..... just thought I'd remind yall).  But alas, Lonnie ain't backing down son, this is what he had to say about what Maya had to say, about what he said, on the piece they both had sh*t to say on..*whew*:

“I told her what ‘The Dreamer’ was about and what I wanted to get across to people. I wanted young people to hear this and feel like they could really accomplish their dreams.”
Cmonson...Do Better Yall!  And Maya,  The Dreamer/The Believer could end up being a classic one day...#IJS







LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.