My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't Jump... It's Me, T.I. the Negotiator!


I've started the last couple of stories off with "I don't know how to feel about this", and I refuse to do that this time. Yet here I am again, faced with the question of truthfully good-intent or good PR before sentencing. Clifford Harris was supposedly on his Samuel Jackson grind yesterday when he assisted officers in preventing a would-be suicide jumper. I wonder if T.I. pulled in up the Bat...Rappermobile bumping some Grandmaster Flash-- Don't push me, cause I'm...
According the the reports:
Atlanta police said T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris was in the area and stopped by the scene to see if he could help. Police took a message from T.I. to the man on the roof, saying the rapper was downstairs and wanted to talk to him. According to police, the would-be jumper got down from the roof and walked down to the lobby, where he talked to T.I. for a few minutes.(My Fox Atlanta)
Sigh. Does anyone else feel like this is a publicity stunt to help T.I. before his trial for the recent drug charges he acquired takes place. Yea, I know I know. You're going to just have to deal with the fact that I'm one of those "The glass is half empty" brothers. Are you telling me that T.I. was rolling in the whip listening to his CB Radio, heard the call and went from reality to some surreal Superman-no-cape type shit? This shit is on some Urban Legend(ary) status. Either that, or its the biggest PR stunt in any rappers history of being a rapper with PR stunts. I'm serious!

What is it about T.I. that makes him believe he can save other people when he himself is the one that needs saving. His run in with guns wasn't enough. Currently, he's preparing to face drugs charges in front of the same judge who hit him with the sentencing for his most recent firearms violations last year. This isn't the first community service like stunt that T.I. has pulled to help counter some serious "You going UNDER the jail" charges. T.I.'s Road to Redemption Show
Last year, he did the whole talking to troubled teens on MTV. It was a very positive show. Yep, and it was on MTV & B.E.T.-- I know right, so unheard of! T.I. went to jail and served his time like a real man should. Got out on some "I'm a changed man who know the value of freedom" type shit. And later he got busted doing weed in the vehicle like a dumbass with his wife. Its definitely not a coincidence that he's riding around in the vehicle looking for Nutsos to save. This shit is just a little convenient to T.I's situation for a skeptical brother like myself:
"He came to the scene and offered to talk to him, we told the young man that, and he came down," Officer James Polite with Atlanta police told the AJC. When the man threatening to jump came down, T.I. was waiting and the two talked for a few minutes, Polite said. The man, whose name was not released, was then transported to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, Polite said. (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
Hold the muthaf*cking phone. Is the officer's name really, James POLITE. I'm done. They ain't even trying to make this story believable. Come on people. James Polite. Should have just named the guy John Smith or John Hancock. Maybe I'm just one my Illuminati shit right now.












I hope this story is true. I really do. T.I. needs all the help he can get. Now, if this story is true, then I applaud T.I. for doing what the average person never thinks to do. I wish more people would react the way he did. I wish more positivity came from some of these leading media figures. If I have to see your face on the damn tv everyday and hear about your life, at least make some of it positive and interesting. At least make it seem like you some what deserve to be viewed!

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.