My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nas Cover's XXL [PHOTO]


Here is the Cover for the next issue of XXL that Nas was on. DOPE! I can't even like, the graphics work is phenomenal and its very representative of the era from which Nas was King of Influence. That pose is all Esco. Supposedly, in this issue Tyler the Creator interviews Nas. Here is some of the interview:

“God’s Son is my favorite album by you,” Tyler said. “And my second is probably Street’s Disciple,” he continued.

“Get the fuck outta here,” Nas responded.

Awkward and quirky exchanges aside, the discussion quickly picked up with the 20-year-old Tyler asking Nas for advice.

“You, Em, Jay, Snoop, like, you guys all started when you was exactly my age,” Tyler said. “The fact that you guys are still here makes me just always think, like, Fuck, could I?”

“Oh, you definitely can,” Nas replied. “Someone like you is, you’re interesting, for a lot of reasons. So someone like you, you can’t wait to see what’s next.”
Oh...So, God's Son and Street Disciple are Tyler's favorite Nas albums. Even Nas was caught off guard by this one.  I bet you he had on the "Niggafawhy!!!" face.  Like, "Don't you know those are my two worst projects...You're def as crazy as people say!"

Personally, I think that is all age dependent.  There's no way, in my world of Hip-hop, the way I see it, breath it, live it, etc.., God's Son and Street Disciple could ever be more favorable than Illmatic, Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes, or even IWW.  Those are Nas's two worst albums next to Nastradamus (which is his worst).  But this is all subjective.  Wait...let me rephrase that.. all of that is subjective EXCEPT Illmatic being Nas's best piece of work and Nastradamus being his worst.  All that is 100% objective.


LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.