My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Friday, October 14, 2011

TheVerdict: Wale ft. Kid Cudi - Focused

After all the hoopla and the snippet with the artwork released (that new thing people do for singles now to hype them) we finally get the full CDQ version of Wale & Cudi's reunion!  If you haven't been around hip hop from 08' to now, you probably missed the break-up that these two artisst went through.  It caused Wale to join Rocnation and make a so-so album, and it caused Cudi to start doing liquid crack and pass out in the streets.  It was very heart wrenching to watch via twitter and blog sites.  BUT NOW, THEY'VE MADE UP.  The world is right again.... I now present, from Ambition, dropping 11.1.11 or 11.11.11., one of those, Focused ft. Kid Cudi.  Let's give it a listen and give The Verdict!


The Verdict:
When i heard these two were doing a song together, I kind of went.....Who Cares.  Let me explain.  I liked Wale's first album and I liked Kid Cudi's first album....when they first dropped.  I recently went back and listened to both album and while neither of them are bad or even remotely terrible, neither of them are as good as I remember.  On top of that the projects recently released from both artist just don't vibe with my tastes in Hip-Hop.  Cudi's last album was a complete snoozefest of good production and Wale's with MMG and its clearly affected his music.  But I digress, this song has me torn.  The beat is meh, and an obvious Cudi selection.  However, Cudi doesn't shine on it.  His hook is over produced and lazy and sluggish and just tired.  As the song progresses and you hear more it does seem to get better, but at the end it still adds nothing to the song.  This is the same sh*t he did on Kanye West's "Gorgeous".  Wale, on the other hand, really does shine.  His flow is phenomenal, the lyrics and the content are great.  His verses actually make the beat and the song better.  Because the song isn't bad, I have to say, IT's A KEEPER.......BUT....this collaboration should have been better.  All the fuss over this was unnecessary. 
IT'S A KEEPER

 LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.