My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blu-Ray Tuesdays 5/15 | This Movie Is For You - Chronicle: The Lost Footage Edition

Your Weekly Guide To Building A Dope Movie Collection

Amazon Deal: $22.99

Description:Clear your thoughts for a "mesmerizing mind-bender" (Rolling Stone) that'll blow you away! Seen through the lens of a troubled teen's video camera, yet filled with eye-popping action and jaw-dropping special effects, Chronicle is as real as it gets.

When three ordinary high school friends make an extraordinary discovery, they acquire amazing abilities beyond their understanding. But as their powers develop, so do their darker sides. Fun, harmless pranks soon lead to much riskier activities as the boys' "gifts" - and their lives - spin dangerously out of control!

 

What I Thought About It:      5 out of 5 
(Can't Wait, Don't Wait..Buy Dat! Buy Dat!)


Take a director in his mid twenties, give him $15M dollars and watch him direct a film that studios handing out $100M just can't ever seem to get right.  Chronicle is it's title.  The story of three friends who gain the power of telekinesis and have to figure out how to adjust to this new ability.  For me, the movie portrayed so much realism.  I look at this film, I see the journey of these 3 guys, and I see myself and my friends at that age and I can imagine us with these powers.  This film made me laugh, almost made me cry, made me excited, and it made me think.  This is one of the best found footage films to date.  It's the Cloverfield of action films.  THIS MOVIE IS FOR YOU!

STILL NOT CONVINCED?

READ OUR MOVIE REVIEW FOR CHRONICLE

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.