My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cecilia Stalin - Step Like A Giant [Stream x Download]


STEP LIKE A GIANT!! This project was born deep down in my heart when I first heard Naima by John Coltrane. I fell deeply in love with the melody and then even more with the lyrics after learning more about him. I have ever since spiritually been working with the music of John Coltrane and it's now come out in new shapes, forms and ideas.


STEP LIKE A GIANT - is my way of reaching out to people today that haven't been introduced to the music of John Coltrane, who haven't been introduced to jazz in a way that appeals to them, to people who don't know jazz at all and to everyone to understand what John did for the musical plattform we all use today! (hiphop/grime/soul/neo-soul/nu-jazz/broken beat/house/ dub step/garage/blues/pop/rock...and all the ones in between)


Their voice was music. They used it to fight against the injustices that was happening then (like racial discrimination, war and poverty) just as today. We need to speak up, be brave to push the bounderies and never get intimidated to tell our own story to make progress. We are doing it - BELIVE ME but we all need to STEP LIKE GIANTS to make it manifest! So this is my way of paying my respect to the amazing musicians that's paved the way for me to be able to do what I do.... Now come and join me!
Peace and creativity to all,
Cecilia
www.ceciliastalin.com
ceciliastalininfo@gmail.com



No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.