My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Friday, May 6, 2011

Nigga Synthesis: Hip Hop Edition

Now, Phenom was telling me on the last podcast "Nigga, you need to blog more. The people love that, blah blah blah". I understand what he was saying but I don't really blog. Yall already know I don't even have a twitter, so blogging is not up my alley. But one man has made me get up, dust off my typewriter, and upload to this here interweb or whatever you yungins call it. And that man is DJ Khaled.

Now we all know Khaled. He that nigga screaming in the background with no sentence structure. Its usually something like "We the Best" or "I bees from the hood." Something to that effect. So I'm sitting with my girl, flipping through videos and I see "Welcome to my Hood" the REMIX!!!!! This song has like 2,000 ppl on it, 3 mins longer than it should be, and I couldn't help but feel like I've heard this song before.....






Now I could go on about how Khaled wakes up in the morning, looks in the mirror and says "Im So Hood." Then he makes sure that he "Go Hard" while he "Out Here Grinding" (you can keep adding the title of his singles to keep the story going. Go ahead. Make your own Khaled narrative. A game for the family!) . Or i could go on about how his sound is such a easy formula.

2 parts Khaled screaming
4 parts (cuz he's a BAWSE!) rozay
1 part throw away weezy verse
a pinch of t-pain autotune or off key akon (they're interchangeable)
and a splash of fat joe wandering in the background

Throw in the studio for 5 mins and you have a HIT!!!!
*plies, ace hood, or another random "hood" rapper optional*

But I'm not gonna talk about either of these. Imma talk about how every time this dude does a ignant song with about 4 ppl on it, he has to ramp it up by adding 60 niggas to the remix (refer to the previous two vids in the post for examples). I think this video explains my feelings.





To recap, a nigga moment + nigga synthesis = a complete disaster!!!!! or in our case another Khaled cd. Like he said children: remember the formula, u'll need it later.....

Now I'm not from the hood. Not even close to it. I could stand at my home, look through binoculars and whatever my gaze fell upon would still be about a 30 min drive to the "hood." But I can understand to need to tell where you came from. Thats cool. Its a rags to riches story. But to glorify it to this point when most of them niggas DON'T live in the hood just seems stupid as hell (nigga moment). Plus I understand that the song title "Welcome to My Gated Community" doesn't have the same ring.... Then you spread this idea to others who jump on the track (nigga synthesis) and we are left with this record (a complete disaster).

Yall can say whatever you like on the song. But you don't have to prove how hard or hood you are. Nigga I BELIEVE YOU!!!! Now rap about something else. Cuz right now, the only hood I'm waiting for is the one to come down over his head as he waits for the axe to come down on his music career.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yooooo this post was classic...I've said the same thing to myself everytime i hear a new "DJ" Khaled "song"....good to know I'm not the only one....

Keep up the dope blogging/podcasts!

Jaxx
twitter.com/JaxxTheRapper

Unknown said...

Yo appreciate the support

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.