My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Friday, July 29, 2011

Memphis Bleek Does it "By Myself" over Meek's beat...

Let's be real, how many people be checking for Memphis Bleek in 2011.  Ever since homey did that track with T.I. (which was actually hot) back in 03' followed by the release of M.A.D.E, dude felt ashamed to call themselves Bleed fans.  Its no lie, even he knows it.  Which is why he's been on his grind lately.  The last couple of songs have been very Im-Trying-To-Find-Myself-But-Im-Too-Old-To-Look-Properly.  So, obviously, when I saw this song on Rapradar.com, I felt a bit sickly.  They nigga in me got mad at this nigga for doing rap nigga sh*t.  The Bleek Fan in me (yes I still bump his music) was trying to convince to hate in me to give this man a chance.  He's a got a new album coming out called The Process and maybe he's taking some time to actually make good music.  I hope its not Getting Over On Dumbasses Music.  They got Big Seans and Consequences...smh. So as worried as I am about this being just another Ble(a)k disappointment, I still pray its tolerable.  *Presses Play with blind hope*

"By Myself"


THEVERDICT: Bleek, Bleak, Bleeek...  What more can I say dude.  Some how, you've managed to survive in this game without any real financial worries.  Dudes always talk sh*t about how you suck on Jay's teet for sustenance, eventhough we all know if given the chance them dudes would pop one Ross's titties in they mouth given the right price of life.  You really don't have to do music anymore Bleek.  You could stop right now, and no one would be mad at you for it.  No one would even care.  But you still keep putting out music.  And well.....I think you should keep it up!  This song ain't no momumental, life altering, sound of glory and triumph.  But its far from re-tard.  You actually sat down and piece together some witty street lines and some play on words relative to current mainstream projects.  I applaud you man.  People are going to call this wack, because they don't like you.  Sometimes I don't like you, because you tend to make bad music.  But this isn't bad at all, and I hope theres more of this coming from what ever studio you're in.  Nothing Great, but... IT'S A KEEPER!

LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FEEL BOLD ENOUGH!!!!

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.