My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Big K.R.I.T. And Frank Ocean Make The Rolling Stone Top 50 AOTY List...

No reason to hold my tongue with such a strong spite towards articles like this. Rolling Stone magazine is definitely not on my sh*t list (unlike another popular online magazine that should go back to "lift(ing) and pitch(ing) loose material, such as hay, leaves, grapes, dung",). However, there is no way such an influential media source for pop culture and...hell..US culture in general can avoid the politics behind putting together lists like this. There is going to be a lot of greenery exchanged between hands to make sure that certain peoples albums, may not be #1, but they won't be #51 either, if you get my drift. Somethings on the list I applauded because it deserved and other sh*t I'm just disgusted by. For instance, The Weeknd's House Of Balloons is NOT on this list at all...how? Foster The People's album is not on this list, how? These are groups (yes the Weeknd IS a group and not just Abel) who dropped projects that made a huge impact on their careers, the music industry, and the fans they gained worldwide.


Here are some people in Hip-Hop that did manage to make the cut:

2. Jay-z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Now while this will be a very controversial topic in most circles once they get a hold of this list, being a fan of the project, I can see and explain to someone WHY it deserves this spot.












22. Drake - Take Care

This is that BS politics I was talking about. Its just high enough on the list to piss me off, but low enough on the list for his fans to say sh*t like "Naw man, its definitely worthy of the #22 position". ITS NOT!











24. Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra

I'm just saying, The Weekend - House of Balloons is better. That's my opinion. Not saying Frank shouldn't be on the list and doesn't deserve the position he got (even if it is behind Aubrey). I'm just saying, HOB deserves a position also, preferably the one Aubrey got.




25. Beyonce - 4

It's f*cking Beyonce dude! What did you expect? I'm actually surprised she didn't get a higher position, like higher than Frank's.














32. Big K.R.I.T. - ReturnOf4Eva
This is both awesome and disheartening at the same time. I'm so f*cking glad K.R.I.T. is getting the attention he deserves. I'm disgusted that I'm glad someone is giving him attention for shit he DESERVES attention for. That's how f*cked up the industry is. His album should atleast have a position betwen 15 - 5.








And that's it for the Hip-Hop, Soul, R&B side of things.
No The Weekend. No Kendrick Lamar. No Childish Gambino. No Phonte. No Cole. No Wale. No 9th Wonder. No Lil Wayne...Wait WHAT??!!!! Whoa! I may have to applaud this list for not praising that garbage ass C4 album. Now don't mistake all those "No " as me saying those people should have made the list. But lets be real, Kendrick, Gambino, and The Weekend should have. Hell, Mac Miller should have too, especially if Take Care and 4 made the list.






LEAVE A COMMENT, GET IT OFF YA CHESS!...Weezy

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.