My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Friday, July 22, 2011

Jay-Z x Kanye West ft. Otis Redding "OTIS"


Let me just point out a few things:
  1. First off, this is NOT A CDQ.
  2. Second off, this is NOT STUDIO PRODUCED KANYE QUALITY.
  3. Third off, THIS IS NOT (what most fans expected would be) KANYE AND JAY-Z QUALITY.

"Otis"



I don't know why, what, who, how, when, where; f*ck it, I just DON'T KNOW.  In the very first verse Jay-Z claims "I invented swag".  From this point on, you know the song is just a bunch of fugazi ass bravado rap.  This is the sh*t that Rick Ross's titties help him write from time to time.  I guess one of them must have been in the studio with Jay and Ye-- yes I'm personifying Ross's titties to make a point.  The song sounds like a million dollar cluster f*ck.  There's nothing inspiring about it.  Theres nothing breath-taking about it, unless you decide to commit suicide to make the pain go away. 

Otis is a masterpieceofsh*t!  The sample isn't even bad.  It's actually a great sample and could have been used to make a stellar beat.  Instead, Kanye got sloppy like he tends to do these days (check Amber Rose), and put together this beat.  So not only is there not a break in the beat to allow for some lyricism to be properly laid, but the beat is a simple fucking loop or the same annoying screams and yells.  So now, YES!, Even YOU can make a Kanye Production from the comfort and affordibility of your poor man's studio.  Otis reminds me of the slaves that didn't know they were free until almost two years after Lincoln freed them, Unnecessary Struggle!  C'monson, with lines like,
"Sophisticated Ignorance, write my curses in cursive
"
or,
"Photoshoot Fresh, looking like Wealth"
0r, my favorite so far,
"They ain't seen me since I pulled up in my other benz, last week I was in my other, other benz"
how am I supposed to even attempt to take this song seriously.  Now, we all know this isn't the polished version.  But for those of you using that argument, I have one simple question.  Are They Going To Polish Those Bars Too?

LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FEEL BOLD ENOUGH!!!!

No comments:

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.